Here it is! The annual list of accomplishments – small, big, and even bigger – to document and conclude another year’s passing. As always, thanks for reading along, both on this post and any others you’ve read. As 2015’s last two days come and go, I hope you’ll consider making a list of your own to mark your year as well.
As for me, here goes:
- Gave (natural) birth to my fourth sweet babe, Truman John – in one contraction!
- Sent my first kiddo off to Kindergarten.
- Sent my second kiddo off to Preschool.
- Decided not to chop up my third kid’s woobie. (not a huge Thing, but thought I should be an equal opportunity mama & represent all four Littles on the list)
- Celebrated nine years of wedded bliss in August. Actually, I have no idea what we did for our anniversary. We’ve been married a long time and I was uber-pregnant. We probably crashed on the couch after we got the children to bed or got ice cream or something glamorous like that.
- Joined a book club.
- Spontaneously helped start another book club!
- Read 70 books. 70 BOOKS! (two book clubs and a crazy reading challenge can really inspire a girl to keep the pages turning)
- Taught (just) one writing course at CCC.
- Started writing for Her View From Home on a monthly basis. See (no, really – please click and then like or share! 😉 ) my latest post here.
- Wrote 80+ blog posts here. Less than last year, but I’ll take it!
- Got my nose did. Just kidding – “got my deviated septum fixed” is actually accurate.
- Updated each of the children’s baby books (this feels like a huge accomplishment, folks).
- Gave up on my passive-aggresive but persistent battle to get the children to all call me Mama. Now they call me Mama/Mom/Mommy/Mum; I call them all by the wrong name constantly, so this only seems fair.
- Completed my prenatal yoga certification.
- Began offering prenatal/Mama yoga classes
- Taught yoga up until the last few weeks of my pregnancy and began again when Truman was 8 weeks old.
- Posted pictures with imperfections and wrote about what that meant to me.
- Channeled MacGuiver on the longest road home and again when the 2yo locked himself in the bedroom.
- Got my first real haircut in over four years.
- Gave up for coffee for three whole days after Truman was born. Never doing that again.
- Learned that being brave sometimes means just being yourself and inviting others into your world to see that.
- Asked for help after the baby was born. Accepted the help that was given. So incredibly awed and appreciative of the help received!
- Read Mrs. Dalloway. I know – I already mentioned the # of books read this year, but completing this one is darn near a decade in the making, so it seems worthy of its own entry on the good old list of accomplishments in 2015.
- Finally made the switch to WordPress and started using my domain name (that I purchased in 2013). Progress!
One thought on “25 Things -2015”